- Social Sciences
- African Studies
- American Studies
- Asian Studies
- Communication Sciences
- Ethnic Studies
- European Studies
- Gender Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Animal Communications
- Cell Biology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Food Science and Technology
- Human Anatomy
Profile viewed 1907 times
- “An Equilibrium Model of Sectoral Reallocation@, Journal of Political Economy 95 (1987), 824-834.
- Dismissal Restrictions, Employment and Investment, with an Application to the Spanish Industry@, Spanish Economic Review 4 1987, 77-91 (in Spanish). Also appeared in Spanish in Estudios Sobre Parctipacion Activa, Empleo y Paro en Espana, Spain 1990.
- Indivisible Labor, Lotteries and Equilibrium@, Journal of Monetary Economics 21 (1988), 3-16. Reprinted in The New Classical Macroeconomics, edited by Kevin Hoover.
- Family Labor Supply and Aggregate Fluctuations@, Journal of Monetary Economics 21 (1988), 233-245, joint with Jang-Ok Cho.
- Recursive Competition Equilibrium in Multi-Sector Economies@, International Economic Review 29 (1988), 419-430.
- Involuntary Unemployment in Economies with Efficient Risk Sharing@, Journal of Monetary Economics 22 (1989), joint with Randall Wright.
- Cyclical Fluctuations and Sectoral Reallocation: Evidence from the PSID@, Journal of Monetary Economics 23 (1989), 259-273, joint with Prakash Loungani.
- New Estimates of Intertemporal Substitution: The Effect of Corner Solutions for Year-Round Workers@, Journal of Monetary Economics 27 (1991), 255-269, joint with Peter Rupert. (Also to appear in The Economic Legacy of Robert Lucas Jr., edited by Kevin Hoover.)
- Sectoral Shifts and Cyclical Fluctuations@, Revista de Analisis Economico 6 (1991), 37-46.
- Homework in Macroeconomics: Household Productions and Aggregate Fluctuations@, Journal of Political Economy 99 (1991), 1166-1197, joint with Jess Benhabib and Randall Wright.
- On Testing the Intertemporal Substitution Theory of Labor Supply@, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 17 (1992), 37-50, join with Peter Rupert.
- The Role of Household Production in Models of Involuntary Unemployment and Underemployment@, Canadian Journal of Economics 25 (1992), 507-520, joint with Ed Nosal and Randall Wright.
- Risk Sharing, Indivisible Labor and Aggregate Fluctuations@, Cuadernos Economicos 51 (1992), 25-35, joint with Jang-Ok Cho, (in Spanish).
- Indivisible Labor, Experience, and Intertemporal Allocations @, Cuadernos Economicos 51 (1992), 37-50, joint with Vittorio Grilli, (in Spanish).
- Job Turnover and Policy Evaluation: A General Equilibrium Analysis @, Journal of Political Economy 101 (1993), 916-938, with Hugo Hopenhayn.
- The Political Economy of Education Subsidies@, Review of Economic Studies 62 (1995), 249-262, with Raquel Fernandez.
- Estimating Substitution Elasticities in Household Production Models@, Economic Theory 6 (1995), 179- 193, joint with Peter Rupert and Randall Wright.
- Zoning and the Political Economy of Local Redistribution@, Cuadernos Economicos , 54 (1995), 163-187, joint with Raquel Fernandez (in Spanish).
- Income Distribution, Communities, and the Quality of Public Education@, Quarterly Journal of Economics 111 (1996), 135-164, joint with Raquel Fernandez.
- Keeping People Out: Income Distribution, Zoning and Quality of Public Education@, International Economic Review 38 (1997), 23-42, joint with Raquel Fernandez.
- An Equilibrium Model of the Business Cycle With Household Production and Fiscal Policy@, International Economic Review 38 (1997), 267-290, joint with Ellen McGrattan and Randall Wright.
- Institutions and Labor Reallocation@, European Economic Review, 41 (1997), 1147-1172, joint with Guiseppe Bertola.
- A Dynamic Perspective on Education Finance Reform@, Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 16 (1997), 67-84, joint with Raquel Fernandez.
- Theory Ahead of Language in the Economics of Unemployment@, Journal of Economic Perspectives, 11 (1997), 73-92.
- Public Education and Income Distribution: A Quantitative Evaluation of Education Finance Reform@, joint with Raquel Fernandez, American Economic Review 88 (1998), 813-833.
- Can the Mortensen-Pissarides Matching Model Match the Business Cycle Facts?@, joint with Harold Cole, International Economic Review 40 (1999), 933-960.
- Education Finance Reform and Investment in Human Capital: Lessons From California@, joint with Raquel Fernandez, Journal of Public Economics, 1999.
- Homework In Development: Household Production and the Wealth of Nations@, joint with Stephen Parente and Randall Wright, forthcoming, Journal of Political Economy
- “Homework in Labor Economics: Household Production and Intertemporal Substitution”, joint with Peter Rupert and Randall Wright, forthcoming, Journal of Monetary Economics.
Chapters in Books and Nonrefereed Publications
- Household Production in Real Business Cycle Theory@, Frontiers of Real Business Cycle theory, 1995, edited by Tom Cooley, 1995, joint with Jeremy Greenwood and Randall Wright. A shortened version of this chapter also appeared in the Quarterly Review of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Summer 1993.
- A Framework for Assessing Aggregate Consequences of Labor Market Regulations@, in Political Economy, Growth, and Business Cycles, 1992, joint with Hugo Hopenhayn.
- AEmployment Effects of Payroll and Value Added Taxes with an Application to Spain@, in Estudios Sobre Participation Activa, Employ, y Paro en Espana, 1990 (in Spanish).
- “Estimating the Elasticity of Intertemporal Substitution in a Model with Household Production: Implications for Macroeconomics@, joint with Peter Rupert and Randall Wright, in Panel Data and Structural Labour Market Models, edited by Bunzel, B., et al, North- Holland, 2000.
- “Household Production and Development@, joint with Stephen Parente and Randall Wright, Economic Review of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland 35 (1999), 21-35.
- Changes in Hours Worked Since 1950", joint with Ellen McGrattan, Quarterly Review of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Winter 1998, 2-19.
Book Reviews and Comments
- Review of AEconomics of Worldwide Stagflation@, by Michael Bruno and Jeffrey Sachs, appeared in Journal of Monetary Economics 19 (1987), 129-136.
- Review of AAdvances in the Theory and Measurement of Unemployment@, edited by Yoram Weiss and Gideon Fishelson, appeared in Journal of Economic Literature 29 (1991), 635-636.
- Review of ALabor Demand and Equilibrium Wage Formation@, edited by Gerard Pfann, Jan van Ours and Gert Ridder, appeared in Journal of Economic Literature 33, (1995) 255-256.
- Review of AThe Macroeconomics of Self-Fulfilling Prophesies@, by Roger Farmer, appeared in the Journal of Economic Literature 33 (1995), 841-842.
- Comment on AWage Inequality and Unemployment: US vs. Europe@, by Giuseppe Bertola and Andrea Ichino, appeared in NBER Macroeconomics Annual, 1995, 59-63.
- Comment on AWhy Is the US Unemployment Rate So Much Lower?@, by Robert Shimer, appeared in NBER Macroeconomics Annual, 1998.
- Sectoral Shocks, Human Capital and Displaced Workers@.
- The Determinants of Public Education Expenditures: Longer Run Evidence from the States," joint with Raquel Fernandez.
- “Equity and Efficiency: An Analysis of Education Finance Systems”, joint with Raquel Fernandez.
- “Sorting and Long-Run Inequality”, joint with Raquel Fernandez
- “Homework, Farmwork, and International Differences in Productivity”, joint with Doug Gollin and Stephen Parente
- “The Welfare Cost of Worker Displacement”, joint with Martin Schindler.