- Social Sciences
- African Studies
- American Studies
- Asian Studies
- Communication Sciences
- Ethnic Studies
- European Studies
- Gender Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Animal Communications
- Cell Biology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Food Science and Technology
- Human Anatomy
Judith Eleanor Innes
Professor Emerita of City & Regional Planning
University of California, Berkeley
Profile viewed 1169 times
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Urban Studies and Planning
Books and Monographs
- Planning with Complexity: An Introduction to Collaborative Rationality for Public Policy, Routledge/Taylor and Francis, Oxford, 2010.
- Knowledge and Public Policy: The Search for Meaningful Indicators, Transaction Books, Rutgers, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 1990.
- The Land Use Policy Debate in the United States. (ed) Plenum Press, New York, 1981.
- Social Indicators and Public Policy: Interactive Processes of Design and Application, Elsevier Scientific Publishing Co. Amsterdam, 1975.
- Bay Area Transportation Decision Making in the Wake of ISTEA: Planning Styles in Conflict at MTC. With Judith Gruber. University of California Transportation Center, Berkeley CA, 2001.
- Coordinating Growth and Environmental Management Through Consensus Building, California Policy Seminar Policy Research Program Report, University of California at Berkeley, December 1994. With J. Gruber, M. Neuman and B. Thompson. (Report, Appendix)
Selected Articles and Reports
- "Governance for Resilience: CALFED as a Complex Adaptive Network for Resource Management" (with David Booher), forthcoming in Ecology and Society.
- "Informality as a Strategy of Planning: Collaborative Water Management in the CALFED Bay-Delta Program" (with Sarah Connick and David E. Booher), Journal of the American Planning Association, 73, 2, 195-210, Spring 2007.
- “Collaborative Regional Initiatives: Civic Entrepreneurs Work to Fill the Governance Gap” (with Jane Rongerude), Insight, James Irvine Foundation and Institute of Urban and Regional Development, University of California Berkeley, Working paper 2006-04, January 2006.
- “Collaborative Governance in the CALFED Program: Adaptive Policy Making for California Water” (with Sarah Connick, Laura Kaplan and David E. Booher). Working Paper # 2006-01 Institute of Urban and Regional Development, University of California Berkeley, CA, January 2006.
- “Reframing Public Participation: Strategies for the 21st Century” (with David E. Booher) Planning Theory and Practice, 5, 4, 419-436, 2005.
- “Planning Styles in Conflict: The Metropolitan Transportation Commission” (With Judith Gruber), Journal of The American Planning Association. 71, 2, Spring, 177-188, 2005.
- “Outcomes of Collaborative Water Policy Making: Applying Complexity Thinking to Evaluation” with Sarah Connick, Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 46, 2, March, pp. 177-197, 2003.
- “Collaborative Policy Making: Governance Through Dialogue,” (with David E. Booher) Chapter 1 in Deliberative Policy Analysis: Understanding Governance in the Network Society, Hajer, Maarten and Hendrik Wagenaar eds., Cambridge University Press. 2003.