- Social Sciences
- African Studies
- American Studies
- Asian Studies
- Communication Sciences
- Ethnic Studies
- European Studies
- Gender Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Animal Communications
- Cell Biology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Food Science and Technology
- Human Anatomy
Assistant Professor of Epidemiology
University of California, Berkeley
Profile viewed 627 times
- Hubbard AE, Ahern J, Fleischer NL, Van der Laan M, Lippman SA, Jewell N, Bruckner T, Satariano WA. To GEE or not to GEE: comparing population average and mixed models for estimating the associations between neighborhood risk factors and health. In press: Epidemiology.
- Ahern J, Galea S, Hubbard A. Estimating the effects of potential public health interventions on population disease burden: a step-by-step illustration of causal inference methods. American Journal of Epidemiology 2009;169:1140-7.
- Ahern J, Galea S, Hubbard A, Syme SL. Neighborhood collective efficacy, smoking norms and smoking behavior. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 2009;100:138-45.
- Beard J, Cerda M, Blaney S, Ahern J, Vlahov D, Galea S. Neighborhood characteristics and change in symptoms of depression among older residents of New York City. American Journal of Public Health 2009;99:1308-14.
- Ahern J, Jones MR, Bakshis E, Galea S. Revisiting Rose: Comparing the benefits and costs of population-wide and high-risk interventions. Milbank Quarterly 2008;86:581-600.
- Catalano R, Ahern J, Bruckner T, Anderson E, Saxton K. Gender specific selection in utero among contemporary human birth cohorts. In press: Pediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology.
- Ahern J, Galea S, Hubbard A, Midanik L, Syme SL. "Culture of drinking" and individual problems with alcohol use. American Journal of Epidemiology 2008;167:1041-9.In Press
- Galea S, Ahern J, Tracy M, Hubbard A, Cerda M, Goldmann E, Vlahov D. Longitudinal determinants of post-traumatic stress in a population-based cohort study. Epidemiology 2008;19:47-54.
- Ahern J, Galea S, Hubbard A, Karpati A. Population vulnerabilities and capacities related to health: a test of a model. Social Science and Medicine 2008;66:691-703.
- Bernstein KT, Galea S, Ahern J, Vlahov D. The built environment and alcohol consumption in urban neighborhoods. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 2007;91:244-52.
- Galea S, Ahern J, Tracy M, Rudenstein S, Vlahov D. Education inequality and use of cigarettes, alcohol, and marijuana. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 2007; 90S:S4-S15.
- Galea S, Ahern J, Nandi A, Tracy M, Beard J, Vlahov D. Urban neighborhood poverty and the incidence of depression in a population-based cohort study. Annals of Epidemiology 2007;17:171-9.