- Social Sciences
- African Studies
- American Studies
- Asian Studies
- Communication Sciences
- Ethnic Studies
- European Studies
- Gender Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Animal Communications
- Cell Biology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Food Science and Technology
- Human Anatomy
Profile viewed 1244 times
University of Chicago
Graduate School of Business
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
School of Business Administration
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
School of Business Administration
Economics and Business Administration
- GARP Risk Management Research Program Grant (2007)
- The AFA Student Travel Grant (2004)
- The CRSP Summer Paper Grant (2002)
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award: “Empirical Analysis of the Causes and Consequences of Financial Distress (2009 - 2014)
- Excellence in Refereeing Award, American Economic Review (2009)
- The Lehman Brothers Fellowship for Research Excellence in Finance (1st Prize) (2004 - 2005)
- The Maurice Falk Award for Outstanding Students’ Papers (1999)
- The Israeli Defense Forces, Chief of General Staff Award for Outstanding Officers, (Award for Excellence and Leadership by Mr. Ehud Barak, Israel Former Prime Minister) (1994)
- “Do Liquidation Values Affect Financial Contracts? Evidence from Commercial Zoning Laws,” (with Mark Garmaise and Toby Moskowitz), Quarterly Journal of Economics, (2005), 120 (3) 1121-1154.
- “Human Capital and the Productivity of Suicide Bombers,” (with Claude Berrebi), Journal of Economic Perspectives, (2007), 21 (3) 223-238.
- “Liquidation Values and the Credibility of Financial Contract Renegotiation: Evidence from U.S. Airlines,” (with Nittai Bergman), Quarterly Journal of Economics, (2008) 123(4) 1635-1677.
- “Asset Salability and Debt Maturity: Evidence from Nineteenth-Century American Railroads,” Review of Financial Studies, (2009), 22(4) 1545-1583.
- “Collateral Pricing,” (with Nittai Bergman), Journal of Financial Economics, (2009), 91(3) 339-360.
- “The Alchemy of CDOs’ Credit Ratings,” (with Jennifer Dlugosz) , Journal of Monetary Economics, (2009) 56(5) 617-634.
- “The Political Economy of Financial Regulation: Evidence from U.S State Usury Laws in the 19th Century,” (with Toby Moskowitz), Journal of Finance, (2010) 65(3) 1029-1073..
- “The Credit Ratings Crisis,” (with Jennifer Dlugosz) NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2009 161-207.
- “The Economic Cost of Harboring Terrorism,” (with Claude Berrebi and Esteban Klor), Journal of Conflict Resolution, (2010) 54 331-353.
- “Stock-Based Compensation and CEO (Dis)Incentives,” (with Eugene Kandel and Pietro Veronesi), ), Quarterly Journal of Economics, (2010), 125(4) 1769-1820.
- “Vintage Capital and Creditor Rights,” (with Nittai Bergman), Journal of Financial Economics, (2011) 99(2) 308-332.
- “Bankruptcy and the Collateral Channel,” (with Nittai Bergman). Journal of Finance, (2011) 66(2) 337-378.
- “Economic Conditions and the Quality of Suicide Terrorism,” 2011, (with Claude Berrebi and Esteban Klor), Journal of Politics, Forthcoming.
- “Negotiating with Labor under Financial Distress,” 2010, (with Nittai Bergman and Ricardo Enriquez), Review of Corporate Finance Studies, Forthcoming.
- “Securitzation without Adverse Selection: The Case CLOs,” 2011, (with Victoria Ivashina and Jennifer Dlugosz), Journal of Financial Economics, Forthcoming.
- “Credit Traps,” 2011, (with Nittai Bergman), American Economic Review, Forthcoming.
- “Does Short-Term Debt Increase the Vulnerability to Crisis? Evidence from the East Asian Financial Crisis,” 2011, (with Eyal Dvir), Journal of International Economics, Forthcoming.
- “The Credit Rating Crisis,” NBER Reporter, (2010), 1 8-10.
- Discussion of Ramseyer and Rasmusen’s “Can the Treasury Exempt its Own Companies from Tax? The $45 Billion GM NOL Carryforward,” CATO Papers on Public Policy, (2011), 43-36.
- “Judicial Efficiency and Financial Contracts: Evidence from a Natural Experiment,” 2011, (with Juliano Assuncao and Fernando S. S. Silva)
- “Financing Labor,” (with Nittai Bergman and Amit Seru)
- “Counter-Suicide-Terrorism: Evidence from House Demolitions,” 2010, (with Claude Berrebi and Esteban Klor).
Work in Progress
- “Bankrupt Retailers,” (with Nittai Bergman, Anna Milanez and Vladimir Mukharlyamov)
- “Finance and Unemployment,” (with Nittai Bergman and Amit Seru)
- “Military CEOs,” (with Carola Frydman).
- “The Financial Crisis of 1873 and 19th Century American Corporate Governance,” (with Michael Bordo).
- 2012 (scheduled) Ben-Gurion University, Bocconi, London School of Economics, Pompeu Fabra.
- 2011 (including scheduled) American Economic Association, January 2011 (1 paper 1 discussion), American Finance Association, January 2011 (2 papers), Banca d’Italia, Boston University, Brigham Young University, CATO Papers on Public Policy (discussant), Dartmouth (Tuck), Duke, Eighth Annual Caesarea conference (discussant), Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance, European Central Bank, Grossman and Hart at 25 Conference in Brussels, Harvard Economics (Finance and Macro), Harvard Law School, HEC Paris, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Stanford Institute for Theoretical Economics: New Frontiers in Empirical Capital Structure Research, University of Minnesota (Carlson), University of Southern California (Marshall), University of Virginia (Darden), Wharton.
- 2010 American Economic Association, January 2010, American Finance Association, January
- 2010 (1 paper, 1 discussion), Columbia, GARP, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance, European Summer Symposium in Financial Markets, Harvard Economics of National Security Seminar, Hebrew University, Michigan State, IMF, NBER Development of the American Economy, NBER Political Economy (paper and discussion), NBER Conference on Ethics in Business, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Seventh Annual Caesarea conference (discussant), Oxford University Labor and Finance Conference June 2010, University of Michigan, Princeton, Stockholm School of Economics, UCLA Anderson.
- 2009 American Economic Association, January 2009, Banca d’Italia, Brandeis, DePaul, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (2 papers July and December 2009), European Central Bank, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis (2 papers), Harvard Kennedy School, Harvard Law School, Imperial College, HKUST Finance Symposium on Corporate Finance (Hong-Kong December 2009), IMF Annual Research Conference 2009, NBER Competition and Government Intervention in the Airline Industry Conference (discussant), NBER Corporate Finance, NBER Economics of National Security, NBER Macroeconomics Annual Conference, Northwestern (Department of Economics and Kellogg), NYU (Stern), New York Fed-NYU Stern Fifth Conference on Financial Intermediation (Discussant), University of Chicago (Booth), University of Melbourne, University of New South Wales, Vienna Graduate School of Finance.
- 2008: American Finance Association, January 2008 (2 papers and 1 discussion), Columbia Law School, European Summer Symposium in Financial Markets (invited lecture), Fifth Annual Caesarea conference, Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Financial Research Association Meeting (Las Vegas), Harvard Economics (2), Harvard-MIT Organizational economics workshop, HBS (entrepreneurial management), Hebrew University, IMF (On the Causes and Consequences of Structural Reforms Conference, Feb 2008), Legal Innovation in Finance (Amsterdam, October 2008), London Business School, London School of Economics, NBER Summer Institute (DAE), Ohio State University, Princeton (Political Economy of Counterinsurgency Workshop), Rutgers Economics, Stanford GSB, Stanford Institute for Theoretical Economics: Theory and History (co-organizer and presenter), Stockholm Institute for Financial Research conference (The Changing Nature of Credit Markets: Risks and Opportunities), Stockholm School of Economics, Tel Aviv University, Tilburg University, University of Alberta, University of Amsterdam, University of Michigan’s 15th Mitsui Life Symposium on Credit Risk, Western Economic Association (paper and discussion), Western Finance Association (2 papers 1 discussion), Yale Law School.
- 2007: American Finance Association, January 2007, Chicago, Berkeley Economics, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, Harvard Economics (2), Harvard Law School, Korea Development Institute-Harvard Conference (discussion), MITRE, NYU (Stern), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Virginia Law and Finance conference (University of Virginia School of Law and the McIntire school of Commerce), Texas Finance Festival (April 2007), UC San Diego.
- 2006: Boston University, Brown, Dartmouth (Tuck), Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Bank Structure and Competition Conference), Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, Harvard Economics (2), MIT, NBER (Corporate finance), NBER (Political Economy), NBER Summer Institute (Economics of National Security), NBER Summer Institute (Education), Northwestern (Conflict and Cooperation Conference), University of Chicago (Department of Economics and GSB), UCLA, Washington University (Olin).
- 2005: Boston College, Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Harvard (Economics and HBS), Lehman Brothers, MIT, Northwestern, NBER (Political Economy - discussion), NYU, Princeton, Stanford GSB, UCLA, Wharton, Yale.
- 2004: University of Chicago, FDIC, Harvard Economics (2), Hebrew University, MIT-Sloan.
- 2003: University of Chicago, NBER (Development of the American Economy).
- 2002: Hebrew University.