- Social Sciences
- African Studies
- American Studies
- Asian Studies
- Communication Sciences
- Ethnic Studies
- European Studies
- Gender Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Animal Communications
- Cell Biology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Food Science and Technology
- Human Anatomy
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Profile viewed 424 times
Global Strategy/ Risk Management
- "MIT Roundtable on Corporate Risk Management," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 2008 20(4).
- “Embracing Risk as a Core Competence: The Case of CEMEX” (with Rafael Lucea)
- “Risk and the Dynamics of Globalization,” in Birkinshaw, Ghoshal, Markides, Stopford, and Yip, eds., The Future of the Multinational Company (Chichester, England: Wiley, 2003).
- "Rediscovering Functions in the MNC: The Role of Expertise in Firms' Responses to Shifting Exchange Rates," in Bartlett, Doz, and Hedlund, eds., Managing Global Firms. (New York: Routledge, 1990).
- “Evolving Strategy: Risk Management and the Shaping of Large Engineering Projects,” in Priemus, Flyvbjerg, and van Wee, eds., Decision-Making in Mega Projects: Cost Benefit Analysis, Planning, and Innovation. Transport Economics, Management and Policy, (Cheltenham UK, Northampton, MA, Edward Elgar, 2008)
- Strategic Management of Large Engineering Projects: Shaping Institutions, Risks, and Governance (MIT Press, 2001) with Roger Miller. Click to view the book cover
- “Understanding and Managing Risks in Large Engineering Projects,” International Journal of Project Management, 19 (2001) (with Roger Miller).
- "Mexican Multinationals: Insights from CEMEX" in Ramamurti and Singh (eds.) Emerging Multinationals from Emerging Markets, (Cambridge University Press, 2008). (With Rafael Lucea)
- "Frameworks for Global Strategis Analysis," Journal of Strategic Management Education, 2003 1(1).
International Financial Management and Valuation
- “Real Asset Valuation: A Back-to-Basics Approach,” Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Spring 2008, pp. 46-65. (with David Laughton and Raul Guerrero). Abstract
- "Finance and International Business," in B. Toyne and D. Nigh, eds., International Business: An Emerging Vision, (Columbia, S.C., University of South Carolina Press, 1997).
- “Incorporating Country Risk in the Valuation of Offshore Projects," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance (Fall 1996).
- "Evaluating International Projects - An Adjusted Present Value Approach," in Capital Budgeting under Conditions of Uncertainty, R. Crum and F. Derkinderen, eds., (Amsterdam: Martinus Nijhoff, 1980).
- "World, Country, and Industry Relationships in Equity Returns: Implications for Risk Reduction through International Diversification, " Financial Analyst's Journal (January/February 1976). Winner of Graham and Dodd Award.
- "Financial Intermediation Beyond the Debt Crisis, (Washington, D.C.: Institute for International Economics, 1985) with J. Williamson. Click here
- “En Defensa de una Unión Latinoamericana de Inversiones,” El Trimestre Económico, XLII (1) (Enero-Marzo 1975).
- "International Portfolio Diversification: A Multivariate Analysis for a Group of Lati