- Social Sciences
- African Studies
- American Studies
- Asian Studies
- Communication Sciences
- Ethnic Studies
- European Studies
- Gender Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Animal Communications
- Cell Biology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Food Science and Technology
- Human Anatomy
California State University, Sacramento
Profile viewed 1484 times
- 2008 “Civic Engagement and the Quality of Urban Places,” Planning Theory and Practice, (September 2008).
- 2007 “Informality as a Planning Strategy: Collaborative Water Management in the CALFED Bay-Delta Program,” Journal of the American Planning Association, 2007. Co author with Judith Innes and Sarah Connick
- 2007 “Collaborative Governance”, Encyclopedia of Public Administration and Public Policy, 2007.
- 2006 “Complexity and Adaptive Policy Systems: CALFED as an Emergent Form of Governance for Sustainable Management of Contested Resources” (with Judith Innes) Proceedings of the 50th Annual Meeting of the International Society for Systems Sciences, July 2006.http://journals.isss.org/index.php/proceedings50th/article/view/295/68
- 2005 “Living in the House of our Predecessors: The Demand for New Institutions for Public Participation,” (with Judith Innes) Planning Theory and Practice, 2005.
- 2004 “Collaborative Governance Practices and Democracy”, National Civic Review, Winter 2004.
- 2004 “Reframing Public Participation: Strategies for the 21st Century,” Planning Theory and Practice, December 2004. Coauthor with Judith Innes.
- 2002 “Network Power in Collaborative Planning,” in Journal of Planning Education and Research, (Vol. 21, No. 3), 2002. Principal coauthor.
- 2000 “Indicators for Sustainable Communities: A Strategy Building on Complexity Theory and Distributed Intelligence,” in Planning Theory and Practice, 2000. Coauthor with Judith Innes.
- 1999 “Consensus Building and Complex Adaptive Systems: A Framework for Evaluating Collaborative Planning,” Journal of the American Planning Association (Autumn, 1999). Coauthor with Judith Innes.
- 1999 "Consensus Building as Role-Playing and Bricolage: Toward a Theory of Collaborative Planning," Journal of the American Planning Association (Winter, 1999). Coauthor with Judith Innes.
- 1999 “Metropolitan Development as a Complex System: A New Approach to Sustainability,” Economic Development Quarterly (May, 1999). Coauthor with Judith Innes.
Books And Book Chapters
- 2010 Planning with Complexity: An Introduction to Collaborative Rationality for Public Policy, Routledge, 2010. (Coauthor with Judith Innes).
- 2010 “Collaborative Policymaking: Governance through Dialogue” from Deliberative Policy Analysis (2003) edited by Maarten Hajer and Hendrik Wagenaar (Cambridge University Press) pages: 33-59 reprinted in Interpretive Political Science edited by Mark Bevir (University of California, Berkeley) SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA. 2010, coauthor Judith Innes.
- 2009 “Network Power in Collaborative Planning” in Urban Studies-Society, edited by Ronan Paddison. New York: Sage Publications, 2009.
- 2008 “Civic Engagement as Collaborative Complex Adaptive Networks,” in Civic Engagement in a Network Society, edited by Kaifeng Yang and Erik Bergund, Information Age Publishing, Charlotte, NC, 2008.
- 2008 “Network Power in Collaborative Planning,” in Contemporary Movements in Planning Theory, edited by Jean Hillier and Patsy Healey, 2008, coauthor Judith Innes.
- 2008 “Consensus Building as Role Playing and Bricolage: Toward a Theory of Collaborative Planning,” in Contemporary Movements in Planning Theory, edited by Jean Hillier and Patsy Healey, 2008., coauthor Judith Innes.
- 2003 “Collaborative Dialogue as a Policy Making Strategy,” in Deliberative Policy Analysis: Understanding Governance in the Network Society, Edited by Maarten Hajer and Hendrik Wagenaar. London: Cambridge University Press, 2003. Coauthor with Judith Innes.
- 2000 “Planning Institutions in the Network Society: Theory for Collaborative Planning,” in The Revival OF Strategic Spatial Planning, Edited by Willem Salet and Andreas Faludi. Amsterdam: Academy of the Netherlands, 2000. Coauthor with Judith Innes.
- 2000 “Metropolitan Development as a Complex System: A New Approach to Sustainability,” in The Goveranance of Place: Space and Planning Processes, Edited by Ali Madanipour, Angela Hull and Patsy Healey. London: Ashgate, Aldershot, 2000. Coauthor with Judith Innes.